Maybe it’s a mad scramble to pick up the food they just dropped…
Or maybe you’re just grossed out because once the food hits the ground, picking it up and eating it is the last thing you want to do.
Mel Robbins, best-selling author, motivational speaker, and expert on leadership and defeating doubt, has a slightly different take on the 5 Second Rule that can help you with squashing excuses and getting things done!
Here are her five key elements:
- The moment you have an instinct…
- To act on a goal…
- You must push yourself…
- To move within five seconds…
- Or your brain will kill it.
Any time you’re feeling the need to act on a specific commitment or goal, you have a tiny window of time to take positive action there.
If you fail to make any moves within that tiny 5-second window, your brain will come up with all kinds of reasons for you not to take action.
Have you run into anything like that before?
The next time you feel yourself starting to hesitate while you’re thinking about something that you know needs to get done, try counting out “5-4-3-2-1… GO!” and take the first step forward immediately.
This is a simple way to defeat your automatic excuse system and fight your mind’s tendency to resist change.
What tasks do you have on your list that you need to take action on TODAY? Grab Mel’s book The 5 Second Rule today for more on getting stuff done!
New Exercise.com for Business Features
Block Programming is live! Click below for our help guides:
- How Block Programming Works
- How to Create & Edit Blocks
- How Clients can Create & Edit Blocks in the Apps
Train Anyone, Anywhere in the World.
- You can now customize the timing of your automatic client reminders.
- You can now choose to enable filtering of your Exercise and Plan Finder pages.
- An email alert now sends if a payment fails at Checkout.
- You will now receive an email alert when a client sets a subscription to cancel.
- Clients will now see a page requesting feedback as part of the cancellation process.
- You can now request Location Info (City/State) from clients on an Assessment, and it will save to their Profile.
- Changes to the Default Notes for an Exercise will now be published to all Workout Plans that contain that Exercise.
- Bug Fixes, Troubleshooting, and Optimization for Block Programming Updates
- Upgraded servers for better load times
- Updated handling of Tags
- Updated display of Group finder view
- Updated handling of Reports to improve load times
- Fix multiple issues with creating Workout Plans
- Updated handling of Workout Print PDF views
- Updated sync with RunKeeper
- Updated handling of scheduling time-released videos for Group pages
- Updated handling of dates for Reports
- Added “Rx?” checkbox to logger so clients can indicate a workout as logged as prescribed
- Updated display of “Log Your Workouts Anywhere” app download prompt
- Updated handling of logging Client Measurements
- Optimized load times in Firefox
- Updated handling of “New Content for Group” email alerts
- Set up “You have a scheduled workout” reminder emails to send earlier in the morning
- Updated handling of Workout Plan Resources
- Updated handling of deleted Groups
- Updated display of videos embedded in “Welcome to the Group” messages
- Updated handling of Exercise tags
- Updated the display of several modals on the site
- Updated display of “Add New Client” view
- Updated display of weights prescribed on Workout printout views
- Updated handling of creating Workout Plans
- Updated calculation of Workout Totals
- Updated display of Previews in the Workout Plan Creator
- Updated error messages when payment fails
- Updated display of Business Dashboard
- Updated handling of Exercise databases
- Client Workout Calendars
- Updated Zapier Integration Options
We’ve got an expert team that’s partnered with some the best fitness professionals around the world. Schedule a call with our team. Get started today!