As a tech company, we’re well aware of the upsides that rapid advancements in technology have to offer, but we also want to make sure that we’re using our technology wisely — especially when it comes to relationships and family life.
However, if we aren’t intentional about how we design our habits, routines, and living spaces, technology can easily dominate much more of life than we might want it too. It’s important to be proactive in these areas to control your technology vs. allowing technology to control you.
Our Editor-in-Chief recently shared an article from Andy Crouch on the topic, and here are some of our favorite highlights:
“Technology is in its proper place when we use it with intention and care. But technology doesn’t stay in its proper place on its own.”
Top Tech-Wise Commitments
- We want to create more than we consume. So we fill the center of our home with things that reward skill and active engagement.
- We wake up before our devices do, and they “go to bed” before we do.
- We use screens for a purpose, and we use them together, rather than using them aimlessly and alone.
- We show up in person for the big events of life. We learn how to be human by being fully present at our moments of greatest vulnerability.
For more on using your technology wisely, click here to read the article from Andy Crouch.
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- You can now require Two-Factor Authentication on your platform (White Label Only).
- You can now upload an image for an exercise thumbnail.
Our platform will automate the mundane tasks, so you can be fully engaged in growing your business
- Added “+Add New Block” link at the bottom of workout plan creator day view
- Added preview options for welcome messages
- Added explanations for privacy settings to use on YouTube and Vimeo
- Updated process for deleting accounts from platform
- Clients can no longer delete completed assessments
- Updated servers and caching
- Updated display of welcome message for someone who re-joins a group
- Updated display of exercise videos
- Updated redirects for landing pages
- Updated error messages in workout plan creator
- Updated handling of welcome emails for groups
- Updated handling of workout PDFs
- Updated email links to group resources
- Updated handling of progress photos
- Updated saving of exercise metadata
- Updated handling of default images
- Updated handling of saved assessments
- Updated options for notification settings
- Updated handling of coupons when starting new subscriptions
- Updated exercise search & swap functions in workout plan creator
- Updated permissions options for group workout plans
- Updated handling of links within emails
- Updated and optimized several connected apps
- Updated handling of invitations for previous clients
- Set up limits for actions that can be detrimental to site performance
- Optimized handling of workout days in workout plan creator
- Optimized saving of prescribed sets in workout plan creator day view
- Updated handling of large brand logos
- Client Workout Calendars
- Optimized Exercise Database
How proactive are you when it comes to handling technology? Have your technology habits led to deeper, more meaningful relationships, or more time spent distracted and not focused on where you are now?
Let’s discuss how our platform can you help you focus on what really matters! Schedule your demo today.