Turning a 10-Year Gameplan into a 6-Month Goal
Ever wonder what it’s like to be a billionaire? If you want to make that kind of money, you’re going to have to think about things a little differently than most people!
Here’s a challenge from Peter Thiel, entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and founder of PayPal that we discussed in a recent team meeting: Take your 10-year life plan and ask, “Why can’t I do this in six months?”
“Look at your goals, how can you 10X them?,” says Benjamin P. Hardy describing this 10x tactic at Inc. “How can you narrow your focus? Or get creative? Or approach things differently to get unconventional results?”
Here are some tips to help you think through this:
- Plan Big – When you plan, you should plan big!
- Determine What’s Really Needed and Set Appropriate Timelines – According to Parkinson’s Law, work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. If you have a lot of time, you’ll be inefficient. If you have a little time, you’ll be productive.
- Assess the Story You’re Telling Yourself vs Reality – Does this really need to take a full 10 years?
- Don’t Wait – “I went to college. I went to law school. I worked in law and banking, though not for terribly long. But not until I started PayPal did I fully realize that you don’t have to wait to start something” (source).
Challenging your defaults and assumptions can have a huge impact on your output!
How can you condense a portion of your 10-year business plan into the next six months? What would happen if you approached the next six months with that mindset?
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- You can now add Upsells to make available immediately after someone completes their initial Checkout.
- You can set up add a custom message to display when someone purchases a workout plan.
- You can now select “each side” for any exercise to indicate that reps given are per side.
- You can now limit reminders to Clients with specific tags.
- You will now receive a more specific alert if a Client adds Notes to a logged workout.
Train Anyone, Anywhere in the World.
- Updated display of filters on Workout Plan Finder views
- Updated process for copying a workout week
- Updated pricing field for on Edit Group view
- Updated handling of YouTube imports
- Updated handling of completed assessments
- Updated display of Blocks on Activity feed
- Updated “Add multiple exercises” function in Workout Plan Creator
- Updated process for re-publishing existing plans
- Updated handling of deleted Sub-Trainers
- Updated editing of Workout Plans
- Updated handling of deleted Group Members
- Updated display of long Exercise names in Workout Plan Creator
- Added character limit for block labels
- Updated Bulk Exercise Manager
- Updated Workout Legend for Block Programming
- Updated integration with Zapier
- Optimized Checkout Process
- Updated display of distances in Journal view
- Updated display of previously logged workouts
- Updated handling of coupons in Purchase Notification emails
- Updated display of custom Health Info fields
- Updated display of Week View in Workout Plan Creator
- Updated display of scheduled workouts on Journal
- Updated handling of Coupon Codes
- Updated display of Printable PDFs
- Updated display of Client Welcome message
- Updated handling of Snapshot data displayed
- Updated handling of Default Notes
- Updated display of Client First & Last Name
- Updated handling of links on Group pages
- Updated handling of inviting multiple Clients at once
- Updated handling of Assessments assigned to Clients
- Multiple updates for exercise order in Workouts
- Client Workout Calendars