In our recent team meeting, we discussed how to wisely use technology. Technology is a critical part of our lives.
Depending on your age, you may not remember a time before the internet, smartphones, and home automation. If you’re older, you might but that time may seem foggy.
No matter your age or experience with technology, you must be intentional about it. Technology is best when it’s a servant and not a master.
Check out our adjustments below and, while you’re at it, contact us today to see how our business management software can serve your business well.
8 Tips to Master Technology
We’re a remote team whose success depends on technology and it would be easy to allow it to be our master. Here are some of the commitments with modification:
- We develop wisdom and courage together — ask for input on your smartphone/technology habit from people you trust.
- We want to create more than we consume. So fill the center of your life with things that reward skill and active engagement.
- We are designed for a rhythm of work and rest. Work hard but be intentional in building rest into your schedule.
- We wake up before our devices do, and they “go to bed” before we do.
- We aim for “no screens before double digits.”
- We use screens for a purpose, and we use them together, rather than using them aimlessly and alone.
- Prioritize conversations with people; don’t bury yourself in your smartphone.
- We show up in person for the big events of life. We learn how to be
human by being fully present at our moments of greatest vulnerability.
We hope to die in one another’s arms.
How have you utilized technology successfully in your life? How have you felt it take over parts of your life? and which of these commitments would you help become the undisputed champion of your technology?
For more discussion, check out this talk from Crouch where he discusses managing technology.
What would happen if the technology in your life completely served you? How would your relationships change? How could your business grow?
Find out how our technology can serve you and your business well by contacting us today!