3 Actionable Tips to Grow a Culture of Grit
Our Editor-in-Chief shared his book notes from Angela Duckworth’s Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance in one of our recent team meetings.
One of his takeaways was how to build a gritty culture! If you want to add some grit to your company, team, family, etc., here is how to make it happen! “Grit is about holding the same top-level goal for a very long time.”
How to Create a Culture where Grit is Prioritized
- MINDSET: Every team member needs to think of themselves as someone who can overcome adversity. If you don’t believe that something is possible, you’ll never take any meaningful action towards making it happen. As a leader, communicate with your team about obstacles that you have overcome!
- COMMUNICATION: Everyone needs to use language that is optimistic about growth. Your words matter – choose them carefully! For starters, try turning your “have to” into “get to” and “can’t” into “can’t… yet”. All team members can get involved with sharing their different areas of growth.
- ACTION: Get everyone on the same page with a clear goal hierarchy. Goals help to filter grit, and you will need to prioritize between high and low-level goals when it comes time to take action! What’s the #1 high-level goal that your team is working towards?
Watch Angela Duckworth’s TED Talk below!
Where do you need to start in order to increase the grit in your company: Mindset, Communication, or Action? Click here to pick up Duckworth’s book on Amazon and here for a video overview of Grit! We’ll have more to share from the book next time!
We’d love to learn more about your business and share solutions for growing your business. Schedule a demo below.
Exercise.com was grown from the ground up, so we know what it takes to do hard things
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- You and clients can now delete completed Assessments.
- Updated Assessment links within emails
- Update display of completed Assessments
- Several Updates for GDPR compatibility
- Updated handling of copied Workout Plans
- Updated display of Workout Plan PDFs
- Updated handling of recurring Assessments
- Updated handling of subscriptions reactivated after the initial cancellation
- Updated handling of Group Admins
- Updated display of “Today’s Workout” on Mange Client view
- Updated display of Exercise tab on Dashboard
- Updated display of main site dropdown menu
- Optimized display of AMRAP settings on Web views
- Updated handling of refunds on Trainer Dashboard
- Updated handling of custom Client invite links
- Optimized copy for Client invite emails
- Updated mobile views of sales pages
- Optimized Video Import process
- Optimized handling of Workout Plan access in the app for Sub-Trainers
- Client Workout Calendars
- Updates for Multi-Tenant Users
- Optimized Exercise Database
Hard things are not just hard. They’re also worth doing. Schedule a demo with our team today, and let’s review your business goals and see where we could help you grow your business with a little grit.