Wait a minute… aren’t our strengths supposed to be good?
But unfortunately, our greatest strengths can quickly turn into our greatest weaknesses. How does that happen?
Here are some examples in Life and Work:
- Your significant other might be spontaneous, which is exciting and romantic, but also means that they struggle with planning.
- You might have an incredible work ethic, leading to excellent performance reviews at work, but also struggling to enjoy time away from work.
- A coworker or employee might be the best when it comes to attention to detail, but also ends up being a micro-manager when working with others.
It’s important to understand your strengths and try to figure out where they might need to be contained.
When we’re good at something, we tend to focus more on how that skill benefits us and ignore how it hurts us.
Do you have any strengths that might actually be hurting your progress? Who can you ask for open and honest feedback about your strengths and weaknesses?
How can you prevent your strengths from going overboard?
- Be proactive and get feedback from others.
- Be honest with your self-reflection.
- Be intentional with your thoughts, words, and actions.
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- You can now view and compare clients’ measurements over time on one page.
- You can now customize the Thank You page shown after an assessment is completed.
- You can now customize client invitation links to require assessments.
- You can now customize the equipment list for your exercises.
- You can now manage Stripe subscriptions from the Dashboard instead of Stripe.com.
- Updated handling of workout plans assigned to clients
- Updated display of workout plan front end view
- Updated security settings for login, logging workouts, exercise library etc.
- Updated display of sorting of group videos
- Update workout plan publish settings view
- Optimized email sending
- Updated handling and display of print views of workouts
- Updated handling of total weight calculations for workouts
- Updated display of video modals
- Updated navigation layout for trainers and clients
- Updated sorting of plans on main trainer landing page
- Updated opt-in settings for GDPR compliance
- Optimized editing of accounts and saving profiles
- Updated email links for customized platforms
- Updated display of edit client view
- Updated cancellation emails
- Optimized process for sub-trainers importing exercise videos
- Optimized load times of “My Stuff” view
- Updated confirmation widgets
- Updated Zapier connection
- Updated handling of cloned / deleted days and weeks in workout plan creator
- Updated handling of Stripe connections
- Updated handling of deleted groups
- Updated permissions for sending messages
- Updated process for creating groups
- Client Workout Calendars
- Optimized Exercise Database