Here’s a quick summary of how to go about developing grit in your own life: “Grit is the tendency to sustain interest in and effort toward very long-term goals.”
Grit and How to Get It
- It requires deliberate practice – You need to have a specific goal of improving. Each practice session needs to be intense and focused, with immediate feedback available. A nap is highly recommended after this kind of exertion!
- It helps to view your work as your calling – Research has shown that people who view their job through the lens of a calling are more satisfied with their work. Also, those people missed third fewer days of work!“What matters is whether the person doing the work believes that laying down the next brick is just something that has to be done, or instead something that will lead to further personal success, or finally, work that connects the individual to something far greater than the self.”
- You must cling to hope! – Start with the expectation that your effort can improve. Practicing optimism increases hope. If you search for ways to change your circumstances, chances are good that you will find at least one way. Once you stop looking, you will never find a way to change things, and you’ll end up losing hope.“When you have setbacks and failures, you can’t overreact to them. You need to step back, analyze them, and learn from them. But you also need to stay optimistic.”
Catching any general themes here? It’s so important to be intentional about your language and mindset in order to develop grit!
Having an optimistic mindset about growth is hard. Why not talk with our team? We’ve worked with countless fitness professionals!
The Exercise.com Team will provide you hope as well as help you with deliberate steps for your business!
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- Multi-Tenant Update: A unique login is now required for every subdomain and white label platform, and your clients will not be able to log in on the main Exercise.com website.
- You can now set up a required assessment that must be filled out before a Client can access the platform.
- You can now customize the colors of each block type. (White Label Only)
- You can now add custom Profile Info fields to an Assessment.
- You can now bulk manage Clients to update their “Join” date.
- You can now change the order of Tabs displayed on a Group home page.
- You can now allow users to sign up for your platform for free. (White Label Only)
- Optimized timing for when time-released Resources are made available to group members
- Zapier optimizations
- Updated handling of some custom assessments
- Updated display of Groups
- Updated search box for assigning plans to Clients
- Updated editing of Exercises in Workout Plan Creator
- Updated handling of Emails sent when a plan is started
- Updated display of Workout Plan front end view
- Updated access to Workout Plans in apps
- Updated display of Assessment link previews
- Optimized process when adding multiple Exercises to Workout Plan Creator
- Updated messaging when a Resource is assigned to a Client
- Converted “Health Info” to “Measurements (See Client’s view here)
- Updated emails when sent by Sub-Trainers
- Updated display of Client “Welcome” message
- Implemented firewalls and antivirus upgrades, security updates, and server upgrades
- Updated handling of Tags
- Updated permissions for Admin Sub-Trainers
- Updated process for new Signups
- Updated display of logged workouts
- Updated handling of Exercise library for Trainers
- Updated display of Workout PDFs
- Updated display of pop-up modals
- Updated email sent when Trainer starts a plan for a Client
- Optimized importing of Videos from Vimeo and YouTube
- Updated handling of Workouts displayed on Journal
- Updated display of Workout Plan descriptions
- Updated display of Group home page
- Optimized performance of Start Workout Plan modal
- Client Workout Calendars
- Optimized Exercise Database