ISSA Online Certification for Personal Trainers
ISSA is the first distance education fitness organization nationally accredited by the DEAC (Distance Education Accreditation Commission). DEAC is a federally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education.
When you pass a certification exam through ISSA, you will be eligible to transfer three college credits to a participating college or university toward an undergraduate degree in Exercise Science or related field.
After you’re certified, manage your personal training business with our All-In-One Fitness Business Management Software. Request a demo today.
The DEAC’s primary responsibility is to make sure that ISSA meets certain standards of quality and difficulty. Accreditors are responsible for continuously monitoring a program’s standards.
The ISSA is re-accredited every few years to make sure the most current information is available to the people who are taking a certification course. DEAC will evaluate the content and online experience, and DEAC holds ISSA responsible for meeting or exceeding the standards.
Earn an Associate’s Degree through ISSA
In addition to a personal trainer certification course, ISSA offers an online Associates Degree program in Exercise Science. You need to have a high school diploma to begin undergraduate courses. The degree program offered by ISSA covers a comprehensive curriculum designed to prepare you for a career in personal training.
During your studies, you will cover six training certification areas.
Subjects such as anatomy, physiology, nutrition, fitness training, and exercise therapy will equip you to have a solid understanding of training methodologies and techniques. Other courses covered in the Associate’s Degree program include psychology and sociology. You will gain a better understanding of how to approach and communicate with clients when you begin your career as a personal trainer.
After you complete the ISSA certification, ISSA provides unlimited technical support. Their support team can assist you with a job search, and they can help place you in your first job as a certified personal trainer.
It is important to research the gyms you are interested in working with regarding their accepted personal training certificates. ISSA has become widely accepted with many private and chain fitness facilities since DEAC recognizes it. However, some gyms only hire personal trainers who have a nationally recognized certificate from the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Ultimately, many personal trainers agree that certifications such as ISSA are just as good as one from an NCCA organization. The benefit of ISSA is that you can work at your own pace over an eight-month period, and you are not required to be at home to complete the course. In fact, military personnel often choose ISSA since the cost gets covered by their employer, and if they get deployed, then the certification is still obtainable from overseas.
ISSA is also an excellent choice for you if you have a family, or you have an ever-changing work schedule. The flexibility and affordability benefits of ISSA have helped many people ease into the personal training field comfortably.
Train Anyone, Anywhere in the World.
What additional certifications can you obtain through ISSA?
The Personal Trainer Certificate is the most popular certificate offered by ISSA. You might find it necessary to supplement your knowledge by specializing in one or more areas. There are ten additional certifications courses made available by ISSA:
- Corrective Exercise – You will learn how to analyze the body for proper technique and create exercises to restore appropriate form.
- Fitness Nutrition – You will understand nutrition from the cellular level to energy balance and metabolism. You will learn how to properly evaluate your client’s dietary needs in conjunction with an effective workout routine.
- Group Fitness – Along with extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology, you will learn how to structure workout routines to maximize group participation.
- Exercise Therapy – You will learn about adaptive exercises for people with disabilities, limitations, or specific orthopedic conditions. Emphasis is on proper modifications for cardiovascular, flexibility, and muscular exercises.
- Senior Fitness – You will learn about the physiology of the different systems and organs of the body and how exercises can improve the health of senior citizens. You will also learn a variety of effective teaching techniques to keep seniors interested in fitness.
- Youth Fitness – You will learn about obesity and a variety of safe training techniques that can benefit the overall health of youth. You will also gain knowledge on how to assess different levels of fitness and structure a workout routine around the results.
- Strength and Conditioning – You will learn about overall body physiology, sports, injuries, and training.
- Sports Nutrition – In addition to the complex study of macro-nutrients, you will understand how to modify your client’s diet in relation to their personal goals related to sports.
- Elite Trainer – The pre-requisites of becoming an Elite Trainer are obtaining your Personal Training Certificate, Fitness Nutrition Certificate, and one additional certificate mentioned above.
- Master Trainer – To become a Master Trainer, you need to complete your Personal Training Certificate, Fitness Nutrition Certificate, and additional certificates reviewed above.
Is ISSA worth it?
After completing your ISSA Personal Training course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of training, nutrition, physiology, and much more.
ISSA’s online support will assist you with any questions or concerns you have during and after completing the course.
Furthermore, specialized certification courses can lead to additional training opportunities and help you thrive as a certified personal trainer.
Grow and manage your business with our All-In-One Fitness Business Management Software. Request a demo today.