Watch this video to discover Artemis’s top 6 tips for perfecting the dead hang pull-up!
Here’s a recap of Artemis’s 6 tips:
- Keep your fingers and thumbs on top – Place your fingers and thumbs on top of the bar and keep them there as you do the pull-ups.
- Pull your body up into your shoulder sockets – Many people try to do pull-ups with their shoulders out, but that improper form can cause injury. Instead, pull your body up into your shoulder sockets.
- Cross your legs – Instead of bending your knees, be sure to cross your legs and let them hang down. Otherwise, pulling yourself up becomes difficult.
- Tuck your hips under – When doing a pull-up, you want to maintain a solid hollow position. So, along with pulling your body into your shoulder sockets and crossing your legs, be sure to tuck your hips under.
- Lead the pull with your abdominal brace – As you pull yourself up, let your abdominal brace lead rather than your back.
- Keep everything tight – Keeping your form tight is key to a perfect pull-up. If you maintain a tight form, pulling yourself up will be much easier.
Get more tips from Iron Body Studios!
Do you want to discover more tips from Artemis? Join the Iron Body Studios group and receive tips, videos, and monthly workout plans from Artemis and the Iron Body Studios team!
Iron Body Studios is committed to helping people move better, gain strength, and achieve their personal health and fitness goals. Artemis is the co-owner and CEO of Iron Body Studios, and she believes that any goal is possible as long as you train for it.
Video credit: IronBodyStudios