In our last team meeting, we talked about the #1 roadblock to creative thinking: being too busy.
If you are constantly jumping from one challenging problem to the next, your brain is going to be stuck in “processing mode” all the time, meaning that you’ll never get a break!
And without those breaks, your mind never gets any freedom to explore new options or ideas, stifling your creativity. This roadblock makes it tough to come up with new ways to tackle complex problems!
Here are three strategies you can try to give your brain a rest and set aside time to nurture your creativity:
- Spend some time without your phone – Schedule a long walk (preferably outdoors) without any agenda, and just let your mind wander as you observe the beauty of your surroundings.
- Try something new – Taking on a new hobby will give you additional tools for your problem-solving toolbox!
- Find a way to have some fun or play games regularly – The power of “play” has been growing in popularity recently, and getting back into play is a great way to push “Reset” and refresh yourself so you can think differently about difficult problems.
You can read more about the biggest obstacle to creativity here. How can you make more room for creative thinking during your workday?
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- You can now see a list of everyone who purchased your workout plans or products.
- You can now upload files to include with your messages.
- White Label accounts can customize the Dashboard tabs that will show.
- You can now set up a WOD Leaderboard for your groups.
- You can now show individual training upsell options on your Thank You pages.
- You can now enable reminders to be sent until client completes their assigned assessment the first time.
- White Label accounts can enable “limited” profile pages for clients.
- You can now manage your Group videos from the Dashboard: Groups tab.
- You can now set up a “Welcome” modal for new group members.
- You can now bulk import videos from Vimeo and YouTube as exercises.
- Sub-Trainers who are connected to Stripe will show as Plan creators and have their own landing pages.
- Updated Display of Completed Assessments
- Updated Display of some parts of White Label sites
- Updated handling of Routines in Creator view
- Updated deleting of sets when logging workouts
- Updated handling of settings menus in Workout Plan Creator view
- Updated tab functions on Edit Profile view
- Updated function of Log Workout links on Activity view
- Updated handling of assigning clients to Trainers and Sub-Trainers
- Updated display of Group Videos
- Removed “edit video” options from Group “Videos” tab
- Updated all file upload areas to new system
- Updated display of System confirmation/error messages
- Added “Reminder Setup” for Assigned Assessments
- Updated email alert when a new plan is available for group members
- Updated system for managing revenue share percentages