Workout Music: The Best Workout Songs to Get Pumped
So it stands to reason then, that if you have a great time when you’re working out, you are more likely to look forward to the next workout session.
Track your workouts and more when you sign up for our PRO plan. With our advanced stats in a convenient app, it’s never been easier to stay motivated and meet your fitness goals!
Exercise Should Be Fun
Remember when you were a kid and you were constantly moving? Working out – or getting exercise – just comes naturally to little kids because they can’t keep still!
Unfortunately, within the life of the average individual, a lot of that can be lost through years of sitting in a classroom or at work behind a desk. On top of that, there is always the ever-present TV to keep you immobilized. It is easy to become tired, jaded and lazy, which can also make working out seem like just another chore.
But life is short, so you can’t afford to give in to these negative feelings and behaviors! It’s time to put the magic back into life. Reclaim the happiness of your childhood! Get motivated and stay that way – and start by putting on a positive attitude.
A sure-fire way to do this is with music. No matter what your age is, choosing exciting music that has a great beat, a positive message, or that is just plain fun to listen to is guaranteed to help take the work out of your workout and make it more like child’s play.
Try to be open-minded when it comes to workout music. When you set aside your music prejudices, you may be surprised at how much enjoyment you can get out of different music styles.
Motivational Workout Music
Choosing workout music wisely is almost as important as working out is! You want something that will wake you up, shake you up, and get you moving.
While there may be a glut of music on the market, you will want to be sure to select the music that will get you the most pumped. Music that is going to give you the best workout experience could include one or more of the following elements:
- Pounding rhythm: it grabs you from your toes to your gut to your butt – then you can go with it!
- Positive message: motivation and inspiration go together
- Stimulation: the song should get you going and keep you moving
- Wordplay: keeping your mind busy with layers of meaning keeps you from worrying
- Silliness: a great way to enjoy a workout is to have a few laughs – loosen up!
Songs to Get You Pumped
Some of the best workout tips and most motivational workout songs are included in the following list. If you start with these, you will revolutionize your workout and develop a sense of what good workout music consists of.
– Good Mood Music
No matter what you are going through, you have to take time to live it up and get moving. Some great mood-lifting songs include:
- Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite” – Throw your hands up in the air, let it go!
- “Pocket Full of Sunshine” by Natasha Beddingfield – Slip into a positive frame of mind.
- “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi – This will inspire you to start owning your destiny.
- “Firework” by Katy Perry – Time to stop looking back and start showing your true colors!
– Turn the Volume Up and Get Moving!
Now that you’re sufficiently motivated, the workout can start in earnest. Be sure to maintain good form and plan on staying hydrated because the next piece of advice is to choose music that will ramp it up into high gear.
A great way to boost your confidence is to enjoy feeling youthful and vigorous. You can raise your level of stimulation with songs like:
- “She’s a Bad Mama Jama” by Carl Carlton
- “Brick House” by the Commodores
- “Don’t Stop ‘til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson
- “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
- “Disco Inferno” by the Trammps
Get More Out of Your Health and Fitness Routine. Go PRO!
– Get Going, Keep Moving, and Stay Strong
Your body will need good fuel in order for you to really be able to enjoy strength training. You will also need to improve your diet if you want to increase your strength and be able to improve your overall health. One of the best ways to ensure that you have a great workout experience is to develop good eating habits.
Healthier foods eaten with fueling the body and staying fit in mind will give you the energy you need to feel great when you’re working out. When you feel great, you feel stronger and have more fun. Strength training songs can include:
- “Get Ready For This” by 2 Unlimited
- “Rhythm is a Dancer” by Snap!
- “Smooth Criminal” by Alien Ant Farm
- “Play that Funky Music” by Wild Cherry
- “Pump Up The Jam” by Technotronic
- “Gonna Make you Sweat” (Everybody Dance Now) by C+C Music Factory
Variety and the Spice of Life
To develop strength, tone up, and stay fit, you need to exercise regularly and have a routine you can vary. Varying the routine a little bit each time will challenge your muscles more. It will also make your workout routine more interesting.
Do a variety of ab exercises to target all four abdominal muscle groups, throw in some high stepping and lunging for your butt and keep changing it up every time you work out. Vary the music too; don’t get stuck with only your favorite artists. Choose from songs like:
- “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen
- “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne
- “Blue” (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65
- “Jump” by Kris Kross
- “Super Freak” by Rick James
– Get the Best Results
Fitness doesn’t have to hurt. Be sure to wear comfortable, supportive shoes and clothing that stretches and conforms to your body. Keep a towel handy and don’t be afraid of a little sweat – that’s what showers are for. You want to feel your workout but you don’t need to damage your muscles in the process.
Incorporate plenty of cardio into your routine by speed walking, jogging, dancing or taking a fast-paced workout class. Be sure to rest for a day or two between workouts, because pushing it too far every day will do more harm than good. Most importantly, be kind to yourself. When you really love and accept yourself, you will feel better and have better relationships with others.
Great workout songs to finish up with that will encourage you to love yourself more include:
- “Shining Star” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Evacuate the Dance Floor” by Cascada
- “Bullet Proof” by La Roux
- “We Found Love” by Rihanna
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
Setting and Reaching Goals
Getting pumped up for your workout and developing a sense of rhythm and fun is guaranteed to help you reach your fitness goals. When you have a happy workout, you will be refreshed and want to repeat the experience. Choosing the right music for your workout will revolutionize your fitness routine.
You will enjoy working out and even begin to really look forward to it because it will be an opportunity to take some time out from the stresses of life. In the end, you end up feeling better, looking better, and loving yourself and others more. So do not wait any longer.
Sign up for our PRO plan, where it’s simple to log workouts and view your progress!