Celebrity Diets (What Works and What Doesn’t)
Celebrity quick diets are impressive, but do they work? Learn the best celebrity diets that work fast and the ones you should avoid.
Check out the 12 popular celebrity diet plans that are reviewed below, and then be sure to browse through all our awesome workout plans like the Jordin Sparks Workout Plan, Brad Pitt Workout Plan, Jessica Biel Workout Plan, Taylor Lautner Workout Plan, Ryan Reynolds Workout Plan, and many more!
Celebrity Diets: What Works and What Doesn’t
There are literally hundreds of different diets people try to either lose weight or try and bulk up and improve their physique.
However, people seem to gravitate most toward diets that celebrities use. Below are details that will help you better understand some of the most popular options.
The Ryan Reynolds Diet
Ryan Reynolds has starred in a variety of movies, and as he took on more physical roles, he became quite popular among women, thanks in part to his improved physique.
In preparation for his lead role in the movie The Green Lantern, Reynolds worked with personal trainer Bobby Storm to bulk up and get in seriously good shape (click to check out the Ryan Reynolds Workout Plan).
Ryan Reynolds’ Sample Menu
Reynolds’ diet is big on home-cooked meals, as it is easy to choose the right healthy food for yourself and avoid unnecessary calories.
- Breakfast – Two eggs, almond butter or avocado, and a cup of oatmeal with applesauce
- Mid-Morning snack – Low-sugar protein bar
- Lunch – Albacore tuna wrap or chicken salad
- Mid-Afternoon Snack – Protein shake or a low-sugar protein bar or apple and almonds
- Dinner – Broiled fish or chicken with brown rice and vegetables
- Evening snack – Protein shake
The Suzanne Somers Diet
Suzanne Somers has long been a top celebrity people admire when it comes to diet and fitness. She might be best known for the Thigh Master, but she also has a very specific diet she likes to follow to keep herself in top shape.
Her diet is broken into two phases. The first phase is to help the dieter eliminate what Somers calls funky foods. As dieters get into phase two, the diet is focused on eating the right foods to maintain weight loss.
Suzanne Somers’ Diet Plan Rules
- Rule 1 – Always eat fruit alone and on an empty stomach
- Rule 2 – Combine veggies with fats and proteins (no carbs)
- Rule 3 – Combine carbs with veggies (no fats)
- Rule 4 – Wait 3 hours between meals of different combinations
The Bob Harper Diet
He is best known for being the motivating trainer on The Biggest Loser, but Bob Harper also has an eating plan many people like to follow. Bob does not view his eating plan as a diet, but a way to live life eating healthy.
Bob Harper’s Diet Tips
Harper suggests up to six small meals a day, depending on the weight and activity level of the persons.
Recommended foods include:
The Gordon Ramsey Diet
Gordon Ramsey is known for being a top-rated chef, and also for having a variety of successful cooking-related TV shows in the US and the UK. With all of his food and cooking experience, it is not surprising that he has some diet suggestions.
Overall he advocates a balanced diet with healthy snacks.
Gordon Ramsey’s Recommended Foods
Top foods include:
- Wild rice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
Get More Out of Your Health and Fitness Routine. Go PRO!
The Jackie Warner Diet
Jackie Warner was a popular figure in the media for a few years thanks to her television show, and this led to many people wanting to know what she recommended to those looking for a healthier eating plan.
She believes adding nutrient-rich foods to one’s diet will slowly curb cravings for fatty and sugary foods.
Jackie Warner’s Recommended Foods
Top foods include:
- Chicken breast
- Greek yogurt
- Brown rice
- Flaxseed oil
- Whey protein
The Jillian Michaels Diet
The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels wanted to take her views to the next level by creating a diet program that is adjusted to each person based on a variety of factors.
The Karl Lagerfeld Diet
If you follow the fashion world, you know of the amazing work that Lagerfeld is responsible for. But you might not know of his diet techniques to stay thin and fit.
His diet is also known as the Spoonlight Program, and it is a three-phase process.
The diet starts with Phase One allowing 800-900 calories, then Phase Two going to 1,000-1,200 calories, and finally Phase Three where you can have a more normal 1,200-1,600 calories per day.
One of the big components of the diet is lean proteins, which are combined with low-fat dairy products and vegetables.
Crazy Celebrity Diets (That Probably Don’t Work)
As mentioned before, there are hundreds of diets to choose from, and celebrities are known for doing some crazy things to their bodies. Here are some of the more insane things celebrities have done to prepare for roles:
We do NOT recommend following in the footsteps of these celebrity diet regimes! Below are five popular and bizarre celebrity diet options some doctors think are not the best to try out.
- Master Cleanse – You probably have heard of this before, as celebs like Ashton Kutcher and Beyonce have been rumored to do it. It involves the person drinking a concoction of maple syrup, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and water. Oh, and laxatives are also included every morning and evening.
- Baby Food Diet – This is as simple as it sounds. One or more meals are substituted with baby food so that overall caloric intake is down. However, it is probably easier to just eat real fruits or veggies.
- Cabbage Soup Diet – It is a low-fat and high-fiber diet that might get you to lose a bit of weight, but honestly, it is probably not something you want to stick with for too long. Unless you really love cabbage.
- Dukan Diet – Popular with certain celebs, this is a high-protein, low-carb diet. This is nothing new, but just a variation on other well-known diet techniques.
- Blood Type Diet – This diet tries to give each blood type a certain group of foods to eat. However, some doctors do not think that this diet has any real validity.
The Biggest Celebrity Diet Secret
So what is the biggest celebrity diet “secret”? Well, it’s essentially the same thing that’s required of everyone who is trying to get fit and stay fit: discipline and willpower.
There isn’t any true quick fix, but with determination, you can lead a healthy lifestyle! Choose a diet plan and a workout plan and then stick with it.
You don’t have to be a celebrity to see great results. Go PRO today to get started on one of our many celebrity workout plans and gain access to certified personal trainers, workout plans, goal trackers, and more!