When our developers speak, you better believe we listen! One of our dev team members recently shared two lessons from Lessons on Business Success From Companies That Have Adopted Space-Age Technology — an article from Entrepreneur.com.
Lesson #1 – Don’t shy away from being an early adopter!
Companies like Sony and Medtronic have scored big by re-purposing technology from NASA into cutting-edge products that deliver results not available from anyone else.
Strategic risks that give you first-mover advantage might be scary but can pay off big! Having no competition might actually be a good sign.
Lesson #2 – Don’t rush a product to market without making sure it solves a real problem.
Take as much time as necessary to find out the real problems that your target market is facing — what bothers them every day? What keeps your customers up at night? What would they give anything to be able to accomplish or get rid of?
You will need to dig a few layers deep in order to discover the true motivation behind some surface level goals like “lose 10 pounds” or “run a 10k race.”
Once you’ve discovered the problem, now you can get into solving it! So many new entrepreneurs get this wrong by creating a “solution,” then trying to convince the market that they need this solution.
You may not be able to implement any new NASA materials into your workouts, but are there new technologies that could separate you from the pack that you’re currently missing out on?
Are you always looking for ways to continually take your business to the next level? How can you make forward progress a constant in your daily work?
If you’re stumped on how you can innovate in your current space, schedule a demo with our team today. We’d love to learn more about your business and share solutions for growing your business.
New Exercise.com for Business Features
- You can now remove the default Health Info fields.
- You can now add group members as Clients after they complete an Assessment.
- White Label signups will enter First & Last name instead of Nickname.
- You can now connect your account to Constant Contact (White Label Only).
- Latest versions of mobile apps will now send push notifications for key events.
Innovate and grow your business with a branded online presence. Schedule your demo today!
- Updated display of Message conversations
- Updated display of Sales page on Business Dashboard
- Updated charts on Dashboard views
- Optimized filtering of Clients by Tag
- Updated handling of Waiver and Required Profile Info submission
- Updated loading and browsing of Workout Plans
- Updated handling of auto-start workout plan for Groups
- Updated permissions for Lifetime Group members
- Updated security and account permissions
- Updated “Swap | Edit” showing on Workout Plan Creator views
- Updated formatting for customized Assessments
- Updated handling of Assessments for deleted Clients
- Optimized process for creating new Products
- Updated handling of Trainer Landing Pages
- Optimized Sign up + Login processes
- Updated display of Search box on the Performance tab
- Updated Nutrition Info tracking
- Updated handling of customized views for White Label
- Updated process for adding a new Client
- Updated placement of Routines in Workout Plan Creator
- Updated Activity info for logged workouts
- Updated process for connecting to YouTube
- Updated handling of Group Resource tags
- Updated “From” email for Message alert emails
- Client Workout Calendars
Innovating is hard or everyone would be doing it. Our team has worked with some of the top personal trainers, gyms, and online brands. We can help you innovate in your niche. Schedule a demo today!