Why is exercise important?
Would you like to feel better, be more energized, and maybe even live longer? If so, consider exercising more.
Not only does regular exercise aid in weight loss, but it also prevents and corrects chronic health issues, and even help you sleep better.
What’s more, just about anyone can exercise since workout regimens can be tailor-made for each individual.
In fact, you can exercise regardless of sex, age, or even physical ability. Do you still need to be convinced?
If so, read on to learn six different ways that exercise can help to improve your life and when you’re ready to start your new workout routine, sign up for an Exercise.com PRO plan for access to personal trainers, workout plans, goal trackers, and more.
What Are the Benefits of Exercise?
- Exercise can improve your mood. Have you ever had a stressful day at work and needed to blow off steam? Try a relaxing thirty-minute walk or a workout at the gym to help calm yourself down.
- Need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? Regular exercise actually helps to stimulate certain chemicals in the brain that actually leave you feeling more relaxed and happier than you were before you completed your workout.
- Additionally, you will feel better and look better with regular exercise. This, in turn, can help to increase confidence and improve your overall self-esteem. As you may already know, it can even help to prevent or treat depression.
- Regular exercise can help to combat chronic illness. Are you worried about heart disease? Do you hope to prevent osteoporosis? If so, regular exercise may be the answer that you looking for.
- Physical activity can help to lower or stabilize your cholesterol levels. Studies suggest that regular physical exercise can boost “good,” HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels while lowering levels of triglycerides in the body. This dual-action can help to keep your blood flowing regularly and smoothly and lowers the level of built-up plaque that can collect in your arteries. Additionally, regularly scheduled exercise can prevent certain types of cancer, type II diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- Regular exercise and help you to lower or maintain your weight. Would you like to shed excess pounds? One way to do it is to get off the couch and start walking or taking part in some other physical activity.
What Are Some Easy Ways to Incorporate Exercise Into the Day?
Here’s a no-brainer: you exercise, you burn off calories. To elaborate, you burn more calories when you work out at a higher intensity level. This is one of the easiest ways to manage your weight. The beautiful part is that you don’t need to set aside scheduled time for working out if you don’t have it. For example, you can just do jumping jacks during the commercials of your favorite program. Or, you can walk during your lunch break.
Another suggestion is to take the stairs at work rather than the elevator. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as you get your heart pumping and you’re not just sitting still. While scheduled workouts are a great idea, sometimes they are just not feasible and it’s better to accumulate workout time throughout the day than to do nothing at all.
Get More Out of Your Health and Fitness Routine. Go PRO!
How Does Exercise Help With Daily Life?
Do you get winded doing simple chores around the house or shopping at the grocery store? Don’t get discouraged; by participating in a regular exercise plan, you will be feeling better in no time.
It’s true: regular physical activity helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the vital parts of your body. As a matter of fact, regular exercise benefits your entire cardiovascular system and helps some work even more efficiently. This may not seem like a big deal, but when your heart is able to work in a more efficient manner, you will have more energy to do the everyday tasks that you may or may not enjoy.
Can Regular Exercise Help Me Sleep Better at Night?
Yes! If you struggle to fall asleep or struggle to stay asleep each night, then even a beginner workout routine might be your answer. It may even help to boost your physical activity during daytime hours.
Getting a good night’s sleep has many benefits. It can improve your mood, your concentration, and even your productivity. Regular exercise will help you fall asleep faster than you did before and will also deepen the sleep that you are getting. It is important to remember, however, not to exercise too close to bedtime, which can cause you to become too full of energy to actually fall asleep. And if you are having trouble sleeping, you should exercise as early in the day as possible.
Can Exercise Improve My Sex Life?
Do you find that you are too tired to have sex with your partner night after night? Do you feel uncomfortable with physical intimacy because you are out of shape? This is where regular exercise can play a huge role in making you look and feel better.
Regularly scheduled exercise can help you look and feel better, and this can have a positive impact on your sex life. However, the benefits are even greater than that. For women, regular exercise leads to enhanced arousal. For men, exercising regularly can curtail or decrease problems with erectile dysfunction; especially as they age.
To obtain all of the benefits mentioned above, find a workout routine that you enjoy! Sign up for our PRO plan today for access to thousands of workouts, certified personal trainers, workout challenges, and more.