Fitness Influencer Guide
Read through this comprehensive fitness influencer guide to learn how to become a fitness influencer, how to grow and expand your social media following if you are already a fitness influencer at scale, and then learn how to monetize your fitness following. Our goal is to help you succeed with the best software for fitness influencers. Want to learn more? Get a demo now!
❤️ We Love Fitness Influencers ❤️
Yep, we love fitness influencers. And they love us (read our reviews).
You can learn how to make a fitness app that is custom branded for your fitness influencer business with the best white label fitness app software around, you can make money by selling workout plans online, you can learn how to start a fitness business based on your social media followers, and much more.
Maybe you just want to learn how to make more money from fitness, because you love fitness, and you love making more money—we can appreciate that!
Enough with the bush league workout PDFs that are getting shared on Facebook Groups and on Reddit, and why give up so much of a revenue share to fitness app companies that make the branding all about their brand, instead of helping you build and market your own brand? So if you are a fitness influencer, meaning you are a fitness professional who is influential with others (clients, followers, members, etc.), then see why fitness influencers who want to grow and scale a real online fitness business with a sustainable revenue model turn to Exercise.com. Don’t settle for typical fitness influencer income; you can make a lot more money with fitness if you create your own fitness brand, instead of promoting other company’s fitness brands.
From fitness automations to online workout challenges, selling online workout plans, creating a workout group, to much, much more, get a demo today and see how we can help super charge your fitness influencer business.
Getting Started as a Fitness Influencer
If you’ve spent any time on social media, you may have wondered how to become a fitness influencer. Becoming a fitness influencer takes time and effort, but you might find that the rewards are well worth it. Keep reading to find out how to become a successful fitness influencer on social media.
- To become a successful fitness influencer, stand out from the crowd with a unique niche and high-quality images and content.
- Build your audience with consistent posts and genuine engagement.
- Set goals for how you will monetize your fitness influencer efforts.
Being a fitness influencer on social media seems like a glamorous life. Getting paid to stay in shape, take nice pictures, and try new products sounds like a dream come true.
However, the reality is a little less dazzling. Yes, a lot of people want to learn how to become a gym influencer, but the fitness influencer sphere is extremely competitive. You’ll need to establish yourself as a fitness expert and an expert fitness content creator, and then be able to distribute your expertise to a wide audience using tools like social media or a custom-branded fitness app. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out this guide to learn how to become a fitness influencer on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and more.
Exercise.com can help you build your online fitness brand and reach your fitness influencer goals. Get the fitness influencer software you need to run your entire fitness business and offer a fitness app to your followers.
Fitness Influencer Definition: What is a fitness influencer?
A fitness influencer is an online content creator who posts fitness content to an audience of followers and monetizes via a personal or company brand, product sponsorships, and other related products and services.
What do fitness influencers do?
Fitness influencers typically share their personal fitness journey and routines, offer tips and advice, and showcase their progress and results to inspire and motivate others.
They use their platform to influence others to adopt healthy habits, try new workouts, and adopt a more active lifestyle. The goal of a fitness influencer is to inspire and educate their followers while building a personal brand and earning a living through brand partnerships, sponsorships, and product endorsements.
Who can be a fitness influencer?
Fitness influencers can be personal trainers, athletes, or simply individuals who are passionate about fitness and have built a following.
The “Fitness influencer” meaning can be stretched to include online content creators with just a few hundred followers to those with millions; those who post about bodybuilding to those who post about yoga; male fitness influencers and female fitness influencers. The term “fitness influencer” can be used (and claimed) by almost anyone willing to commit themselves to this journey of becoming a fitness influencer.
A fitness influencer is anyone who uses social media platforms, such as Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube, to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to a significant following.
How to Become a Fitness Influencer
To become a fitness influencer on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, or anywhere else you’ll need to focus on six things: finding your fitness niche, defining your goals, capturing high-quality images/videos, maintaining consistency, and expanding your brand.
Find Your Fitness Niche
According to Mediakix, there are somewhere between 3.2 million and 37.8 million influencers across Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok (depending on how you define “influencer”). That’s a lot of competition! Without a way to stand out, your content is likely to get lost in the crowd.
(Read More: Big List of the Top Fitness Influencers Ranked).
To break into the fitness influencer world, especially if you want to get paid, you’ll need to focus on what makes you unique. Simply being a fitness influencer is too broad. Perhaps you’re a vegan bodybuilder or you love doing yoga with your dog. Whatever it is, narrowing your focus will help you reach a more specific audience, and gain followers.
Define Your Fitness Influencer Goals
Many people approach social media only intending to get as many followers as possible. Followers are great, but on their own, they don’t count for much. Once you have the attention of your followers, how will you translate that into income?
For example, you could drive your audience to purchase from a sponsor or to sign-up for your custom-built monthly workout membership. Having a plan ahead of time will help steer your approach to becoming a successful fitness influencer on social media.
Post High-Quality Social Media Images & Videos
This might seem too obvious, but it’s still worth mentioning. Regardless of which social media platforms you target, high-quality photos and videos are going to be key to your success as a fitness influencer. Learning a few photography basics — even if you’re just taking photos with your phone — will go a long way in helping you create eye-catching content. When people like what they see, they’re much more likely to hit that follow button.
To truly use each social media platform to its fullest, you need to create specialized content for each. Using your Twitter account to simply auto-tweet links to your Instagram posts is a sure-fire way to make your Twitter followers feel like an afterthought. Yes, creating multiple content streams is more work, but doing so will dramatically increase your total audience, which will help you gain the attention of sponsors.
Consistency Is Key For Fitness Influencers
Fitness requires consistency, and becoming a paid fitness influencer on social media is no different. If you post six times in one day, but then don’t post again for two weeks, you’re likely to confuse your followers and risk losing their attention. Instead, create a schedule for what, when, and where you will post on social media. Then stick to it. Doing so creates trust and loyalty between yourself and your audience. It also fosters the sort of reliability that sponsors look for.
Because it’s easy to burn out on social media, make sure your posting schedule is something you can reasonably stick with. Creating content ahead of time and using an app, such as Hootsuite, to schedule posts is a good method to keep yourself on track. This is also a great way to make sure your content isn’t interrupted whenever you want to take a few days off.
Expand Your Fitness Brand
Your personality and expertise are the qualities that will attract your audience, but your brand doesn’t stop there.
Find ways to leverage your clout so your audience will want to support you financially. For example, you can use workout creating software to create custom workouts, which followers can purchase. You could provide special motivational content as a reward for subscribing to your Patreon. You might even invest in a fitness ecommerce store, through which you can sell things like branded t-shirts.
If you want to be a paid fitness influencer on social media, turning followers into customers is an important part of the process. Providing easy ways for your audience to engage with you financially will benefit your bottom line, but that’s not all. It will also boost the value of your brand in the eyes of other sponsors and fitness business experts, which can lead to additional opportunities.
How To Engage Your Audience as a Fitness Influencer
You probably know a social media account that has thousands of followers but only gets three or four likes on each post. Having a big following is no guarantee that your content is effective at reaching people. Pay attention to what types of posts do well, and tailor your content to your audience’s interests.
This doesn’t mean you must be fake or that you can’t try new things. But, for example, if your videos on post-workout nutrition always get a lot of engagement, but posting your exercise playlists does not, you have a clue as to what type of content your audience is looking for.
And, of course, when you have thousands or even millions of followers, you need a solution to automate this type of engagement because you simply can’t respond personally to the volume. With smart fitness automations you can create sequences that time release workouts, send marketing emails, and much more.
Another point to consider: social media engagement is a two-way street. Especially when you’re first starting, many people will stop interacting with you if you don’t return the favor. Yes, managing a social media feed on top of organizing your other fitness training content is a lot of work, but it’s necessary if your goal is to become a successful fitness influencer.
Fitness Influencer Guide Topic List
Here is a partial listing of topics to take your fitness influencer game to the next level:
- Best Fitness Software for Influencers
- How to Start a Fitness Business
- Best Fitness Influencer Apps
- How to Make Money Selling Workout Plans Online
- Top Fitness Influencers (Big List: 1,630+)
- Fitness Influencer Agency List
- Best Fitness Influencer Bio Ideas
- Creative Gym & Fitness Captions
- Best Fitness Influencer Hashtags
- Fitness Influencer Content Ideas
- Fitness Influencer Marketing Ideas
So… where do you even start as a fitness influencer? How can you take action to become a fitness influencer that actually makes money?
Well, in short:
It takes work.
But if you are willing to put in the work then we can help supercharge your efforts and help you create a real fitness influencer business, not just a fleeting promo strategy. You want something sustainable to learn how to be a gym influencer, not something that requires you to scramble every month, always wondering where to get the next buck.
Is it hard to become a fitness influencer? Here’s what you need to know:
How To Become a Paid Fitness Influencer
Being a fitness influencer on social media has a lot of perks, but it’s also very hard work. If you think you have what it takes, follow the steps outlined in this guide. With time, effort, and a little bit of luck, you’ll reach your goal of becoming a successful fitness influencer on social media. And if a custom fitness app sounds like a great way to engage with your audience, Exercise.com can help.
No more hoping and wishing. If you want to learn how to start being a fitness influencer today, then start building your own fitness brand so that you can monetize your fitness following directly. Want to learn how to make money selling workout plans online, or maybe run an online workout group, or learn how to run a fitness challenge? Well, you can do all those things, and more through your very own custom branded fitness apps on the Exercise.com platform.
Bonus Fitness Influencer TopicsRead More: Fitness Influencer Guide
- Fitness Influencer Brands Looking for Ambassadors/Influencers
- Fitness Influencer Content Calendar
- Fitness Influencer Post Ideas
- Fitness Influencer Camera Guide
- Fitness Influencer Media Kit
- Fitness Influencer Management
- Fitness Influencer Tips
- Fitness Influencer Sponsors
- Fitness Influencer Workout Plans
- How to Make Money Selling Workout Plans Online
- How do you make a workout program and sell it?
- How to make online fitness programs quickly and easily?
- How to create a PDF workout program (Create, Sell + Protect)
- How to make money selling fitness?
- How do I create a fitness guide and sell it?
- Can you sell workout plans without being certified?
- Can anyone sell workout programs?
- Can anyone become a fitness influencer?
- What can I sell as a fitness influencer?
- How do fitness influencers make money?
- What is a typical fitness influencer income?
- How to Run a Fitness Challenge Online
- How do I create an online fitness platform?
- How to Make a Fitness App
- Best Fitness App Builder Software
- Best White Label Fitness App Software
- Are fitness apps in demand?
- How profitable are fitness apps?
- Can I make my own fitness app?
- How much does it cost to make a fitness app?
- What features should a fitness app have?
- How do I monetize my fitness app?
- How do fitness and workout apps make money?
- What makes a fitness app successful?
- What is the biggest fitness app?
- What is the trend in fitness apps?
- What are people looking for in fitness apps?
- Fitness App Name Ideas
- What are people looking for in online fitness classes?
- Fitness Influencer Name Ideas
- Fitness Business Ideas
- Online Fitness Business Ideas
- Most Profitable Fitness Business Models
- Fitness Name Ideas / Fitness Business Name Ideas / Fitness Brand Name Ideas
- Fitness Blog Post Ideas
- Fitness Content Ideas
- Fitness Domain Name Ideas
- Fitness Event Ideas
- Fitness Email Ideas
- Fitness Entrepreneur Ideas
- Fitness eBook Ideas
- Fitness Facebook Post Ideas
- Fitness Facebook Page Ideas
- Fitness TikTok Post Ideas
- Fitness TikTok Account Ideas
- Fitness Instagram Post Ideas
- Fitness Instagram Account Ideas
- Fitness YouTube Video Ideas
- Fitness YouTube Channel Ideas
- Fitness Twitter Post Ideas
- Fitness Twitter Account Ideas
- Fitness Fundraiser Ideas
- Fitness Giveaway Ideas
- Fitness Job Ideas
- Fitness Challenge Ideas / January Fitness Challenge Ideas
- Fitness Logo Ideas / Fitness Logo Name Ideas / Fitness Business Logo Ideas
- Fitness Marketing Ideas
- Fitness Instructor Business Code
- Fitness Niche Ideas
- Fitness Newsletter Ideas
- Fitness Instagram Name Ideas / Fitness Name Ideas for Instagram
- Fitness TikTok Name Ideas / Fitness Name Ideas for TikTok
- Fitness YouTube Channel Name Ideas / Fitness Name Ideas for YouTube
- Fitness Facebook Name Ideas / Fitness Name Ideas for Facebook
- Fitness Twitter Name Ideas / Fitness Name Ideas for Twitter
- Fitness Obstacle Course Ideas for Adults
- Fitness Relay Race Ideas for Adults
- Fitness Quote Ideas
- Fitness Quiz Ideas
- Fitness Station Ideas
- Fitness Slogan Ideas
- Fitness Studio Name Ideas
- Fitness Video Ideas
- Fitness Workshop Ideas
- Fitness Weekly Challenge Ideas
- Fitness Website Ideas / Fitness Website Name Ideas
- How do I monetize my fitness journey?
- How do fitness and workout apps make money?
- How do you write fitness content?
- How do I become a fitness writer?
- How do you make a professional workout video?
- How do you make a viral fitness video?
- What is a fitness content creator?
- How do you start a fitness vlog?
- How do you start fitness content on Instagram?
- What should I caption my workout video?
- What camera settings are best for fitness videos?
- How do you post fitness content on TikTok?
- How much does it cost to make a workout video?
- How do you copyright a workout routine?
- Can you copyright a workout plan?
- What is the best video maker app for gym videos?
- How do you make an animated workout video?
- What is the best angle for gym videos?
- What camera is best for filming gym content?
- What lens is best for filming gym content?
- What aperture should I film my gym video?
- How do I start a vlogging gym?
- How do you make a gym reel?
- How do you make a gym TikTok?
- How do you make a gym YouTube Short?
- Best Fitness Blogs (Big List)
- Fitness Influencer Courses
- Fitness Influencer Clothing Brands
- Types of Fitness Influencers
- Top Fitness Influencer Couples
- Fitness Influencer Costume Ideas
- Fitness Influencer Events
- Fitness Influencers Height and Weight
- Popular Fitness Influencers on Instagram
- Popular Fitness Influencers on YouTube
- Popular Fitness Influencers on TikTok
- Popular Fitness Influencers on Twitter
- Fitness Influencers in Their 20’s
- Fitness Influencers in Their 30’s
- Fitness Influencers in Their 40’s
- Fitness Influencer in Their 50’s
- Fitness Influencer Impact Study
- Fitness Influencer Jobs
- Fitness Influencers are a Joke (RESPONSE)
- Fitness Influencer Memes
- Fitness Influencer Merch
- Fitness Influencer News Sites
- Fitness Influencer of the Year Awards
- Fitness Influencer Outfits
- Fitness Influencer Programs
- Fitness Influencer Products
- Fitness Influencer Photoshop Expose
- Pregnant Fitness Influencers
- Fitness Influencer Quotes
- Fitness Influencer Questions
- Fitness Influencer Net Worth
- Fitness Influencer Salary
- Fitness Influencer Recipes
- Fitness Influencer Real Body Pics
- Fitness Influencer Reviews
- Fitness Influencer Rankings
- Fitness Influencer Starter Pack
- Fitness Influencers & Steroids
- Fitness Influencer Scams
- Fitness Influencer Statistics
- Fitness Influencer Trends
- Fitness Influencer Video Ideas
- Fitness Influencer Websites
- Fitness Influencers With the Most Followers
- How many fitness influencers are there?
- Who is the highest paid fitness influencer?
- What percentage of influencers are fitness influencers?
- How old are most fitness influencers?
- Who are the youngest fitness influencers?
- Am I too old to be a fitness influencer?
- Is 30 too old to be a fitness influencer?
- Is 35 too old to be a fitness influencer?
- Is 40 too old to be a fitness influencer?
- Is 50 too old to be a fitness influencer?
- Is 60 too old to be a fitness influencer?
- Who is the biggest fitness influencer?
- How do fitness influencers get big?
- Who is the most popular fitness influencer?
- Who is the best female fitness influencer?
- Who is the best male fitness influencer?
- Who is the most popular fitness YouTuber?
- Who is the most popular fitness TikToker?
- Who is the most popular fitness influencer on Instagram?
- Who is the most popular fitness influencer on Twitter?
- How to Market Yourself as a Fitness Influencer
- How much money do small fitness influencers make?
- How many followers does a fitness influencer need to make a living?
- What is the income range for a fitness influencer?
- How many followers does a fitness influencer need to make money?
- How do fitness influencers get big?
- Can I make it as a fitness influencer?
- How to Monetize Your Fitness Instagram Account
- How to Monetize Your Fitness YouTube Channel
- How to Monetize Your Fitness Facebook Page
- How to Monetize Your Fitness TikTok Account
- How to Monetize Your Fitness Twitter Account
- How much do fitness influencers make on TikTok?
- How much do fitness influencers make on Instagram?
- How much do fitness influencers make on YouTube?
- How much do fitness influencers make on Facebook?
- How much do fitness influencers make on Twitter?
- How much do fitness bloggers make? / Do fitness blogs make money?
- Can you make money from a fitness blog?
- Do wellness blogs make money?
- What is a wellness content creator?
- How to make money with virtual fitness?
- How do I start a virtual fitness studio?
- How do you monetize a fitness niche?
- Which social media platform is best for fitness?
- Is it worth starting a fitness Instagram account?
- Is it worth starting a fitness TikTok account?
- Is it worth starting a fitness YouTube account?
- Is it worth starting a fitness Facebook account?
- Is it worth starting a fitness Twitter account?
- What should I name my fitness channel?
- What is the best day to post on Instagram for fitness?
- What is the best day to post on TikTok for fitness?
- What is the best day to post on YouTube for fitness?
- What is the best day to post on Facebook for fitness?
- What is the best day to post on Twitter for fitness?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 1k followers?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 5k followers?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 10k followers?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 50k followers?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 100k followers?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 500k followers?
- How much do fitness influencers make with 1 million followers?
- How much do fitness influencers earn per 1,000 views on TikTok?
- How much do fitness influencers earn per 1,000 views on YouTube?
- How much do fitness influencers earn per 1,000 views on Facebook?
- How much do fitness influencers earn per 1,000 views on Instagram?
- How much do fitness influencers earn per 1,000 views on Twitter?
- How much do fitness influencers earn per 1,000 views on their website?
- Do fitness influencers make money with display advertising?
- How much do fitness influencers charge per post?
- How much does GymShark pay influencers?
- What cameras do fitness influencers use?
- What cameras do fitness YouTubers use?
- What cameras do fitness TikTokers use?
- What cameras do fitness influencers on Facebook use?
- What cameras do fitness influencers on Instagram use?
- What cameras do fitness influencers on Twitter use?
- What camera settings are best for fitness videos?
- What phones are best for fitness videos?
- What editing apps do fitness influencers use?
- How do you take good fitness videos?
- Can I use copyrighted music for workout videos?
- How do I shoot a workout video on my phone?
- How do you take good workout videos on Instagram?
- How do you take good workout videos on TikTok?
- How do you take good workout videos on Facebook?
- How do you take good workout videos on YouTube?
- How do you take good workout videos on Twitter?
- How do you make high quality fitness reels?
- How long should a fitness reel be?
- How do you get views on fitness reels?
- How do I make my fitness progress pictures?
- How do you get views on TikTok fitness?
- How do you get views on YouTube with fitness content?
- How do you get views on Instagram with fitness content?
- How do you get views on Twitter with fitness content?
- What should I post on my fitness blog?
- How do I start a personal fitness blog?
- How do I start a fitness and wellness blog?
- How do I write a successful fitness blog?
- What category should fitness videos be on YouTube?
- What do most fitness influencers take?
- What pose is best for fitness photos?
- How do I record my gym workout?
- How do wellness blogs make money?
- How do I start my own fitness program?
- Who is the most famous workout YouTuber?
- Who is the most famous workout TikToker?
- Who is the most famous fitness influencer on Facebook?
- Who is the most famous fitness influencer on Instagram?
- Who is the most famous fitness influencer on Twitter?
- Who is the best fitness YouTuber?
- Who is the best fitness TikToker?
- Who is the best fitness influencer on Facebook?
- Who is the best fitness influencer on Instagram?
- Who is the best fitness influencer on Twitter?
- How do you film a workout video at home?
- What do you write in a fitness post?
- What are some short fitness captions?